The competitions closed for submissions on 31 July
The 2018 Hastings United Football Sports Journalism Competitions
There are two categories in the Sports Journalism competition: under 18s and 18 years and over.
Sports Journalism Competition 2018
Listed alphabetically by author
Over 18s Shortlist
- Fathers & Sons – Four Generations of Supporting Palace Steve Amos
- What’s in a Name? Tony Oswick
- Balancing Study and Play Robert Wheeler
Under 18s Shortlist
- The Great Escape: Crystal Palace –v- Leicester City Ben Amos
- Bexhill Cricket Club –v- Three Bridges Daniel Burton
- Checkmates! Frederica Churton (aged 7)
- Night of Reflection Noah Cullen
- My First Football Match Baxter Elam-Sains (aged 5)
- The Reds Get The Blues Matt Gittleson
- Badger-Bludgeoning Blues Profit at Priory Will Hugall
Over 18s: The Hastings United Football Club Sports Writer of the Year Award will be given for a piece of sports writing which is fresh, inventive, and provides insight into the sportsperson or sport that is the subject of the piece.
Under 18s: The Hastings United Football Club Junior Sports Journalist of the Year Award. This award is for high standards of writing, strength of thought and freshness of ideas.
Both competitions are free to enter.
Prizes: Winners of both the Under- and Over- 18s will receive a trophy and match tickets (in the Chairman’s Box !) to see Hastings United FC in action, plus other HUFC goodies. Winners and runners up in both categories will also receive book tokens from Hastings LitFest.
Winners will be announced and prizes presented at the Hastings Litfest closing ceremony at Royal Victoria Hotel* on Sunday 2nd September.
* Not Hastings Pier as previously posted
The judges of both competitions will be appointed by HUFC.
You may also be interested in the Sports Journalism Workshop on Saturday 1st September.