The appointments to pitch your novel to literary agent Louise Buckley have now been taken – sorry!
How to book your slot: sorry, all slots are now booked.
- Pay the £25 booking fee via Paypal. You will receive a confirmation message with your unique payment reference.
- Send the following as PDFs by email (with “Meet the Agent” in the subject line) to email@example.com:
- an outline synopsis of your novel (which should be complete or nearly complete) indicating the genre and intended readership;
- the first chapter of your novel, in English, using 1.5 line spacing and 12pt font. Use page numbering and include the title on the first page;
- a 1-page sheet setting out your Paypal reference number, title of the novel, your name and contact details including telephone number and email address. Please indicate your real name if the book is written under a pseudonym.
You will receive an email confirmation of your booked slot, including the start time and directions to the White Rock Hotel.
Louise will have had time to read your submission before the meeting. She will aim to provide meaningful advice and feedback on your work, and make suggestions of next steps in the development of your novel towards a goal of eventual publication.
The Small Print:
Only authors holding a pre-booked place will be able to take part in the Meet the Agent event. Bookings will not be taken on the day of the event.
Participation in this meeting does not indicate, implicitly or otherwise, that Louise Buckley will subsequently agree to represent you or your novel or to enter into any kind of contractual arrangement with you personally or on the part of Zeno Agency. If Louise Buckley and/or a representative of Zeno Agency wishes to hold further discussions or to enter into a contractual arrangement with any of the authors taking part in this Meet the Agent session, then Louise Buckley/the Zeno Agency are entirely at liberty to do so without further reference to Hastings LitFest Ltd.
The booking system will close once all slots have been filled. However, we may operate a short “waiting list” in case of cancellations, and authors on the waiting list will be notified as soon as a place becomes available. Any bookings made or waitlisted which do not result in a confirmed slot will be reimbursed in full.
Authors who fail to attend their appointment on Saturday 1 September will not be reimbursed, but every effort will be made to accommodate anyone who is unavoidably delayed provided their anticipated arrival time is notified to the organisers as soon as possible.
In the unlikely event of cancellation or curtailment of the “Meet the Agent” session due to circumstances beyond the control of Hastings LitFest Ltd., the affected author(s) will receive a written assessment of their novel from Louise Buckley within one month of the event date OR a full refund of the booking fee, as the author prefers.